Saturday, March 31, 2012

I’m Finally Starting My Blog

Translated by Ian Haight and Hwajin Kang (original: http://blog.naver.com/mahabira6061/70134997836)

I am sorry for causing worries to those who have been waiting for my updates. I arrived in Canada safely on the 28th, a Wednesday, at 2:00 pm Vancouver, Canada time. I have been trying to get over jet lag. Let me introduce my bicycle “Geum Gang Lyun,” who will travel with me. In hopes that the bike will help me understand ideas explained in The Diamond Sutra (Geum Gang Gyeong in Korean) and protect me until then, I took the word “Geum Gang” as part of my bicycle’s name. “Lyun” has two meanings: the Chinese character for lyun, “” means a tire, and also means “the doctrine and pedagogy of Buddhism.” My bike’s name is bombastic because I wish for having him as my “comrade who accompanies and supports me with the power of the Diamond Sutra until I become aware of the true meanings of Buddhist doctrine.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment