Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 8 - Part 6

Translated by Ian Haight and Hwajin Kang (original: http://blog.naver.com/mahabira6061/70135357665)



This is one of only a small handful of existing steam clocks in the world. It is located in Gastown. I was expecting it to be in a grand building, but the clock was quite small compared to what I thought. I would not have been able to find it if there were no people gathering around. It uses four holes to breathe out steam every 15 minutes. Because the tones from all four holes sounded different from one another, I could hear “do-re-mi-fa.” When I was standing next to it to take some pictures, it sprayed its watery steam on me. For a second I thought it was a raindrop.



I don’t like having too much reflection from the glass. It makes my picture unclear. L


This is how it looks like inside of the clock. I think it looks pretty interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment