Saturday, April 7, 2012

Help from the Buddhist Is Invisible But Appears Slowly

Translated by Ian Haight and Hwajin Kang (original: http://blog.naver.com/mahabira6061/70135493829)


In life, there are some obstacles that afflict people before they make some kind of achievement, partly this is because the achievement is not, in fact, visible to the person. There are also some circumstances when people worry about whether they are truly going in the right direction or are lost. After a person learns the true result despite all the struggles, the person would realize that he or she has been right all along. Often people feel thankful for the struggles after it is understood that those struggles were to help develop maturity.

When I first came to Canada, I was not much pleased with the unexpected coldness. While I had been waiting for warmer weather, my roommate and I talked about camping. So, we checked camping out online, but the camping place opens the 18th of April. If I really did go camping in a place I wasn’t supposed to, something unfortunate might happen. I heard farmers here in Canada own guns, and some can possibly harm you. Furthermore, you are not allowed to camp anywhere except in designated places.

I thought it would be obvious to have campgrounds open in spring. If I didn’t know about all the rules and left for camping, I would have been lost. Sometimes you need to question things you believe are definite. This is one of those times that I avoided misfortune because of a small doubt. I was glad that the cold weather prevented me from camping somewhere that might be dangerous.

I feel lucky to have postponed my plans for a week. I made a reservation to stay here until the 17th, and fortunately, the hostel was having a spring sale, so I paid only $15 per night—$195 for 13 days. In addition, I could even exchange some money into Canadian currency. Every problem seems to have been solved extremely spontaneously. I must be one of Buddha’s favorite followers. ^^

If your mind is clean, purpose is innocent, and effort is sincere, what more could block you from achieving anything? It might not seem to work out when perceiving progress with a mind of greed or rushing; however, there could be nothing you can’t work out as long as you keep your first thoughts pure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment